Thursday, July 26, 2012

Let Me Be Frank;About Frank

Greetings,
     My wife Toni and I are in Ohio visiting and caring for her father Frank,whom has various types of cancer throughout his body.The doctors give him anywhere from 3 to 6 months to live.
     Toni and I are comforted by the fact that Frank is a born again Christian, and with his body breaking down ,he is ready to leave this life and start his eternal one with Father God,his son Jesus,and the Holy Spirit.
     The purpose of this letter is to share with you,from my perspective, the legacy that Frank will leave behind.My vocation in life caused me to live in various states in my career and to travel to many company retail stores throughout the United States sharing my expertise to "partner"in  their continued success.I met and worked with many company executives all the way up to the CEO;also ,I was very active in various community areas which caused me to meet many community leaders and various politicians, to include the president of the United States.I am only sharing my experience background to give some validity to my comments about my father-in-law Frank Heck,valid observations,in my opinion.
     Frank has lived all of his 84 years in a little village called Carey Ohio,a community of approximately 4500 people ,with Toledo,Ohio 45 minutes to the north,and Columbus,Ohio,the state capital,one hour to the south.
Frank had a typical upbringing in an agricultural setting that remains basically unchanged to this day.He graduated from Carey high school in 1946,he served in the navy during world war 2[he doesn't know how to swim,pretty ironic,:)],he returned to Carey and had various jobs including,owning his own garbage pick up business,his own dry cleaning store, drove a school bus for the Carey school system for 20 some years,was a janitor for the same system ,head custodian for the Carey library,and lastly,CONTINUES to be employed at the Carey post office.Frank is, and I quote from the ladies at the Dorcas public library at his retirement gathering"One of the most knowing people on the ins and outs of Carey's most successful businesses and influential citizens".He has been inducted into the Carey High School Hall of fame, and is considered a man of trust and integrity by the whole of Carey,Ohio.
     The Bible says,and I quote from Mark ch8vs36,37"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world,yet forfeit his soul?Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"
I frankly say that Frank Heck has gained the love of the whole community of Carey Ohio,because of the generosity of his being, and Father God will welcome his soul to be with him for all of eternity. I also, am frankly proud to say I am the son-in-law of Frank Heck,a man to be emulated.
Until next time,all blessings to you,Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment