Thursday, September 23, 2010

"I Used To Be Somebody,But Now I Am Somebody Else"

Greetings all,
While I was doing my walking/jogging exercises this morning,I was listening to the sound track from"Crazy Heart" the movie.One of the songs started out with the title of this letter.I played the song over a few times and thought how appropriate a title for my life;"I Used To Be Somebody,But Now I Am Somebody Else".Let me explain.
I was born into a family of 7 children ,I learned fairly quickly that being independent was going to serve me much better than not.The independence slowly turned from a positive to a negative as I grew older. I thought I could do things by myself with out too much input from those closest to me.I made a lot of observations of other people,whom I considered worldly successful, and tried to emulate them for my own success.Certainly these people were "teachers"to me,whether they knew it or not.Using these observations my thought was,I knew best the direction of my family with out much opinion from anyone in it[including my wife].Bear in mind,this included NOT asking for,or listening to God's word BEFORE I made my decisions.I thought I was doing fine until that day that I accepted Jesus in my heart,Isn't it amazing how in an instant you know that God was always with you ,wanting you to choose His love and His truth in your life,over your selfish ,earthly led decisions.I quote from scripture:Matthew chapter 16 V26"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his soul"I can tell you for a fact,that when you bring God into your heart,people around you can/will see the change in your words,as well as,actions.My decision making went from one of me to one of Him!My mother always said "Put God first and all the rest will follow".I should have been spiritually smart enough to realize the wisdom of that sentence many years before I actually did,however,when your not walking with God in your heart you cannot see the spiritual simplicity of His word!
I am thankful that God has allowed me to live long enough to "get it".I would ask each of you to look at the history of your life so far,did "You used to be somebody,but now your somebody else"?and if you are somebody else ,is it because you "got it" and God is in the forefront of your life leading you to everlasting eternity with Him?
Until next time ,with Christian love,Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment