Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who Are The People Changers?

Hi All,
I was visiting today with our neighbors,and sharing how my affliction[diagnosis of cancer]had become a blessing to me in several ways:
.Bringing me closer to God's Word.
.Sharing the name and love of our Lord Jesus as our Savior
.sharing many thoughts on cancer's treatment options.
.suggesting to people to make an INFORMED decision ,not TOTALLY relying on so called experts,of course praying to God for guidance.[I suggest this should be first on the list.]
Later on in the day I was thinking of all the people I've met,from the doctors,nurses,other patients, to the books written by authors who had lost loved ones to this disease,or had been diagnosed themselves, and searched for alternative treatments.
My point in this letter is to share with you that all of these folks are "People Changers";having said that,have you ever had a "People Changer" in your life?
I coined this phrase many years ago when I was doing motivational talks for various groups that were kind enough to ask me to share some of my life's experiences.
You must be asking what is a "People Changer"?;simply stated,it's a person that alters the decision you were going to make,even the course of your life by their input.Let me give you one,of many examples I have in my life.Many years ago ,when I was going to marry my first wife Diane,her Aunt Eve told me there was an opening at the JCPenney store and I should apply for the job.She told me to wear my best suit{Hello! I only had one!I was 20 yrs.old at the time.},fill out an application and ask to see the manager and tell him why he should hire me.35 years later I retired after a rewarding career with the Penney company.Aunt Eve was a "People Changer" for me!,bearing in mind ,if it wasn't for her ,I would never had gone to the Penney store.She literally changed my life's direction!I want you to reflect on your own life's experiences,I know without a doubt,you have had one or more "People Changers" in your life.The teachers/professors we have had certainly had the potential to change your vocational choices however,there is someone else that has changed your life's direction;they didn't think of themselves as a "People Changer",and I dare say, neither did you at the time.I want you to think hard,by the way,it could be a negative change,someone may have said something very negative to you and you changed course ,and now you have regrets,hopefully not,but it is part of life.Now that you realize you have had such a person in your life, the single biggest point of this letter is for each of us to realize we are all"People Changers",think of the influence you have on your children,spouse,family,friends,even strangers,by what we say or do and how we say or do it!You may not think this is true,however,sharing your life's experiences, good and bad, has the potential to change someone else's life.
I suggest that being a "People Changer" is a major part of our life's walk!I don't care what your station in life is.
Please reflect on this view point,I am sure you will see that this is so!
Until next time ,go out and change someone's life for the better!
With Christian love,Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment