Friday, September 10, 2010

Your Preparing For What?

Hi All,
I've been thinking this morning about all the things in our life we prepare for;some examples:
.Our 1st day of school
.our first school test
.Our 1st date
Our High School Graduation
.Our attending College
.Our Marriage
The list goes on and on,however ,in all our preparation how much time do we spend preparing for eternity?I maintain the single most important question to ask and find the truth of;IS THERE A GOD? If so,who is He/Her/It?and,how do I ensure my knowing Him/Her/It and spending a long,long,long time with Him/Her/It? We are going to spend eternity somewhere;the atheist believes the same place as before he/she was born,the agnostic"wherever",all others, with the God,spiritual entity they believe in.My intention today is not to list all the "God Beliefs"that are in our world,but,to suggest a starting point in answering that question of; HOW PREPARED ARE YOU FOR ETERNITY?
It's amazing to think that of all the human beings born into the world, only ONE said "I AM GOD",only one predicted He would come back from the dead and did it! That would be JESUS CHRIST of Nazareth.I contend you can save yourself a lot of time in your search in preparing for eternity by finding out if Jesus was telling the truth,or was He lying.My point is to start our search with the person who stated the most OUTRAGEOUS statement known to mankind"I AM GOD",who does He think He is??Exactly!I might suggest the Bible to be your first source for enlightenment,since God said "If you want to know Me,know my word"
I also,recommend Josh McDowell's"A Ready Defense For Christianity"His book is a research on all things that can be proven about the birth and life of Jesus and,like the Bible, how faith is the key to understanding all things beyond our human understanding.
I know my letter doesn't amount to a scintilla of anything on this subject;just a suggested starting point,however,let's all agree that when someone asks you "WHAT ARE YOU PREPARING FOR"shouldn't our answer be"I'm preparing for eternity?"
May God continue to bless you on your walk towards Him
with Christian love,Joe

1 comment:

  1. simply stated but packs a wallop of a question

    ReplyDelete