Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What do people see of me through their eyes?

Hi All,
I want to share another of my life's experience with you today.This experience happened at a weekly Bible Study that a group of us Christian men have been having for the past several years.We have become very open with each other through the years as we discussed,not only God's word,but every day happenings in each of our lives.Trusting each other would be the correct word,also we mentor each other as we found out that "Man" thoughts run rampant within each of us;in other words,we are only unique as men to women,not men to men.
I technicolor[give you background] to lay the foundation for how this learning experience happened.In my mind,"A SPIRITUAL EYE OPENER".
Our discussion,that day was centered on the fact that, because of our poor economy in Lee County it had adversely affected several of us;one of our members had been looking for a job for over a year ,with no results,even after several sit down interviews.He then said,I quote"I feel as if God has abandoned me"I was immediately hit with such an overpowering emotion that it brought tears to my eyes and I said;IF YOU COULD SEE YOURSELF THROUGH MY EYES,you would know He hasn't left you ,because I see God in your actions,words and how you have remained faithful in praising His goodness towards you!The Holy Spirit put it on my heart to go around the room and share with each man there that if they could see themselves through my eyes they would know that I was a far better Christian because of each of their impact on my Christian walk.
I reflected on that Friday morning for several weeks and the Holy Spirit continued to refine the experience until I took that thought process to my own life and asked myself this question[you need to come with me now,ask yourself]"WHAT DO PEOPLE SEE OF ME THROUGH THEIR EYES"?]
I want you to think for a minute of all the people in your life,ex:wife,husband,child,grandchild,friends,etc.etc.;it is important for all of us to realize ,it isn't what you see,it's what THEY see!As an illustration;what does my wife see of me?a kind,generous,patient husband,or,impatient,not taking time to listen,not now attitude.How about my grandchildren when they visit,don't touch that,clean up your mess,use the car,are you kidding!Are you following me?
I would humbly ask you to test the theory that perhaps someone in your life sees you differently than you see yourself.Try this:ask a person in your life the following questions,do you know I love you,think I love you,or wish that I loved you?The purpose is not to challenge their answer if it's different than you think it should be,but,to truly listen and grow!
I know that for the rest of my life i will often ask myself the question"WHAT DO PEOPLE SEE OF ME THROUGH THEIR EYES?" to help me be a blessing to them and not always concentrating on my selfish wants and desires.
Until next time,God bless each of you,Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment