Friday, July 2, 2010

When will "True" government change come ?

Hi All,
I am truly convinced that change, in our government will only come when we vote for term limits and eliminate "Lobbying".I realize we all "lobby" for something;ex:a raise in pay,however it becomes tainted when i pay the giver of my raise a kickback of 10%.All politicians are tainted by the process,that is ,help fund my campaign and i will listen to you,in other words "you" will have a voice in my decisions.
Politicians must always listen to all sides of an issue then vote on what is best for the majority of their constituents,money giving is the start of corruption.I can give examples of how to change the process,however i will ask you to consider the thought of eliminating paid lobbying first.
Our founding Fathers knew the value of public service,however for a period of time not, a vocation for life.
I expect my blog to open the discussions to many subjects,concentrating on what i have experienced in both my earthly walk ,as well as, my spiritual walk.
I enjoy vigorous debate,mine is not to have all the answers,but a well thought out opinion.
Until next time,Joe

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts Joe,
    We've been going to some "political" meetings and greed seems to be the topic that comes up a lot. Our government seems to be focused on that instead of what is right for the people. Most of those we heard believe in term limits and agreed to only be in office for several terms, saying if you can't get anything done in that time you may not ever so let someone else try.
    Miss you guys,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete